Outdoors


Now that it properly feels like summer, I find myself longing for cooler temps and a vacation. I've been feeling really burnt out from work. I was listening to the StartUp podcast, and there's actually a term for it - called the trough of despair. Hopefully I come out of it soon, but until then, I really want a vacation, or a staycation or something. Although I feel fortunate that I live and work in such a beautiful city, sometimes I feel really tired of the concrete jungle that Chicago is sometimes.

Every time I feel this way, I think about moving to Seattle and starting a life there instead. My boyfriend and I took a trip there last summer, and I fell in love with the city and with the surrounding scenery. Mountains, ocean, forests. I miss that. On a brighter note, my family will visit Lake Geneva tomorrow - so maybe I'll feel much better tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Trough of despair... very apt name. Hope you have a good day at Lake Geneva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They're Teva Freewheels - http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Freewheel-Washed-Canvas-Sneaker/dp/B00DQUJP52/ref=cts_sh_3_fbt

      They come with blue and white laces, and I opted for the white.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts