life updates!

It has been such a busy and stressful Q1 that I haven't really been doing anything worth blogging about. But did want to record some of my life here, as it is about to change significantly.

  • My fiance accepted an amazing job based in Seattle after finishing his PhD!

  • Started planning my wedding to take place in July, SUPER short timeline, but the stars aligned and now all that's left is the tiny details. 

  • I quit my job without having one lined up for the first time in my career thus far, which gave me a ton of anxiety. But it was definitely a welcome change.

  • Flew back and forth between Chicago and Seattle to interview with a BUNCH of companies. After weighing several offers, decided to take one that I think is a great fit, on a team where I see really long term potential

  • Signed a lease in Seattle after a week long trip apartment/neighborhood hunting. Fortunately, the apartment is not too much more expensive than in Chicago, but is MUCH larger and so much newer. I'm so excited to furnish and decorate our new home.

  • Now, I'm packing up my apartment, culling my wardrobe, getting rid of furniture, and planning for the move. Fortunately my new company is helping to relocate us, which takes some of the stress away.

Comments

  1. Congratulations and best wishes for your upcoming wedding! It'll be exciting to move to Seattle, and it's great that you've found an awesome new apartment that isn't too expensive :].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a lot of change in 1 year and have been very anxious about it. I'm glad everything turned out well in the 11th hour, haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts