Now for the review of the Everlane Modern Loafer.
- 1. The full grain leather is smooth, unblemished, and wears (creases) beautifully.
- 2. There is a break-in period! I threw on some thick SmartWool socks and walked around the house for about an hour over the course of 3 days, and they broke in very well! I would not advise breaking them in out in the wild, but I’m a baby about sore feet!
- 3. The bottoms are not grippy at all. I took them to the cobbler actually, as it bothered me so much, and got some Vibram soles put on them. It’s much better now, and it will protect the soles!
- 4. Follow the sizing guidelines and size up 1/2 size. I’m normally a 7, but a 7.5 fits perfectly!
- 5. I have the shoes in Olive, which I think transitions well from business casual to casual - as well as season to season. The website photos skew a bit more green than they are in person, where they solidly olive-y brown.
Overall, I love them. I’m very glad they were part of the list, and I think they’ll be well loved once it’s consistently warmer in Chicago (#believe)!