Rainy Day OOTD 4.8.2015

Very cold and misty today! Reminds me of the first time I visited Seattle for an interview two years ago. On days like this, I love to pull out my bomber jacket from Eddie Bauer - which coincidentally is based in Seattle. I got this jacket on clearance in stores at Eddie Bauer for around $40 a couple years ago during a post winter sale. I don't think it ever goes on promo anymore, but is definitely well worth the price it is now. 

It's a very lightweight jacket, but warm because of the down. I love the quilted pattern and I love that the outside of the coat is water resistant as well. The knit collar and knit wrists keep the wind out as well. The only downside is that there is no hood, so if it was really rainy or cold, I'd need to have a hat or umbrella. I love the color as well, which is a forest green/olive. 

Some fun trivia around this jacket though - the design was the first patented down coat in the US. This style of quilted down coat was invented by Eddie Bauer in 1936 and patented 4 years later. It was originally for men, but a women's version came out later with the elastic cinched waist for some shape. I love pieces of clothing with this type of history. Eddie Bauer is a definite favorite for me in terms of brand. All of the clothing that I've bought from there, whether that's flannel, jeans, or this coat, has lasted me a long time. 

Comments

Popular Posts