Clinique Sculpting Contour Chubby Stick Review

It’s been a while since I wrote my last beauty related post, and I’ve added a few things to it, now that it’s summer time and I’ve developed a bit of a tan. 

I’ve since added the Clinique Sculpting Contour Chubby Stick to the capsule makeup bag that I use to get ready every morning, mainly since I’ve become too tan for my Laneige foundation. I chose this product for 2 reasons: speed and form factor. 

As you know, my whole makeup routine is optimized for speed (aside from my eyebrows, which take up the majority of time). So I wanted something that I could throw on, blend out, and go. And this was it! It’s a twist up crayon form factor - no sharpening needed. The color is a good match for my skin tone, which skews warmer and yellow-er. So if your undertones are pinker, this may pull a lot more orange for you. 

The consistency is creamy and really easy to blend out. If your skin is on the oily side, I’d maybe test it in the store first before you spring for the purchase. As all beauty related things, my motto is test and learn. Fortunately the Sephora here has a generous return policy.  It’s overall a welcome addition. It fits right in my makeup bag and is super easy to put on. I picked this up for around $21 at my Sephora and really recommend it!  

Comments

  1. Oh I didn't know you could get contour in a stick! This would definitely be useful, no need to faff around with brushes haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so slow with brushes. The only brush I use in my whole routine is an angled brush for my eyebrows, and I'll use the same brush for "eye liner", which is just powder.

      Delete
  2. At what point in your face-readying does this product come into play? if I understand correctly contouring is like a behind-the-scenes shading of your face to create depth...so is this below or above foundation?

    ...makeup is difficult! Youtubers make it look so easy.

    (I guess I'm asking what your makeup flow is. What is applied first, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it above my foundation and blend out, always. But I don't use a lot of foundation to begin with. I just use it to cover trouble areas, areas where I have pigmentation. I'll either use my Laneige BB Cushion foundation or I'll take the time and do the bareMinerals foundation I have.

      Try Lisa Eldridge's videos! I learned from her. She has a minimal approach to makeup, which I really aligned myself with hah.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts