Little Evening Rituals

Do you guys have any little rituals you do? On occasion, maybe once a week, I like to make a cup of green tea and eat something sweet alongside and just browse the internet. Today, it's Tim Tams! The rare seasonal treat. Sometimes I watch Netflix. Other times I read something - usually a magazine. I save my heavy duty reading for my commute, and prefer something much lighter at night.

Tonight, I'm reviewing my goals for this month which all seem to revolve around the concept of self-discipline. Here they are:

  1. Cut down on the morning Starbucks. So far, I've not gone once and have instead either made my own coffee in the morning, or substituted with water and spending the morning working at the standing desk to keep the blood flowing. 
  2. Work out consistently. As in, MWF lifting, and T/Th cardio. 
  3. Limit eating out for lunch to twice a week. Last month, I ate out for lunch almost daily. Now that it's cloudy and cold, bringing a lunch is a lot more appealing.
  4. Stay laser focused on work goals this month. In the morning before I power up my computer at work, I wrote down 3 or 4 things that I need to accomplish by the end of the day - no more or less. Last quarter of the fiscal year, so things will be getting very busy!
Let me know what your rituals are! And I'd love to hear your goals this month too.

Comments

  1. I guess I have a bit of a routine, I do my blog reading before bed, and read in bed a little til I'm sleepy enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts