FEELING COLD... And Some 5PFW Updates

Spring WILL come, no matter what the weather might be in Chicago right now (cold). Nevertheless, I’m re-doing my list of items for S/S because I realized that a lot of the things I currently have on there are winter-mindset items, and that they’re more appropriate for later in the year.

So what’s coming off? Just 2 of the 3 things. A long sleeved silk blouse. Why do I need to wear long sleeves if I’m buying for 80 degree weather and >70% humidity? And lastly, a work bag. I’ve decided to wait for the winter sales, since they’re much better - and I’m still quite happy with my Longchamp.

What’s being added? Lots of silk! Whaaaat! I wrote a while back about how I didn’t like how high  maintenance silk was. But I wash it in the washer and dry it in the dryer with other delicates of course! Very daring, and I feel bad every time I do it. But I figure clothes are meant to be worn and nothing bad has happened yet. They come out wrinkle free and clean. Anyway, I think I’m starting to figure out what my summer uniform might be. For work, a pair of cropped slacks and a silk tank or a silk tee. For casual, the same, but instead of slacks, shorts or a skirt.

So the new list...

1. Loafers
2. A silk tee or short sleeved button up
3. A silk tank or a camisole
4. A shift dress, appropriate for work and play. Something striped, or something patterned.
5. ???

I've been really into Grana's tops, which I've heard are more petite friendly than Everlane. I still haven't worn the Everlane sleeveless top I received for Christmas yet because it doesn't fit at all! I actually held up the difference between the XS and the S and it's +1.5in to +2in bigger in both body width and length. Very sad :(

Anyway - stay warm people! The windchill is currently 3 degrees in Chicago and my face hurt while walking to the train home.

Comments

  1. Amazing t-shirts, I found the same on this site Originalluxury There are a lot of excellent t-shirts here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts