REVIEW: Everlane Modern Loafer

Hello all! I’ve been MIA for the past month due to traveling for work. I’ve had no time to really shop, but still managed to absolutely fail at sticking to the list and came away with an extra pair of shoes from Everlane while I was picking up these loafers (review to come!) AGH. I’m a sucker for beautiful shoes.

Now for the review of the Everlane Modern Loafer.

  • 1. The full grain leather is smooth, unblemished, and wears (creases) beautifully.

  • 2. There is a break-in period! I threw on some thick SmartWool socks and walked around the house for about an hour over the course of 3 days, and they broke in very well! I would not advise breaking them in out in the wild, but I’m a baby about sore feet!

  • 3. The bottoms are not grippy at all. I took them to the cobbler actually, as it bothered me so much, and got some Vibram soles put on them. It’s much better now, and it will protect the soles!

  • 4. Follow the sizing guidelines and size up 1/2 size. I’m normally a 7, but a 7.5 fits perfectly!

  • 5. I have the shoes in Olive, which I think transitions well from business casual to casual - as well as season to season. The website photos skew a bit more green than they are in person, where they solidly olive-y brown.

Overall, I love them. I’m very glad they were part of the list, and I think they’ll be well loved once it’s consistently warmer in Chicago (#believe)!

Comments

  1. These look really nice! I love loafers but I think I'd need to go for a pair with a more rounded toe, cause my feet are quite wide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous! I am glad they worked for you. I ordered them in two sizes and both were just too narrow for me. Sad!! I saw someone at the doctor's office yesterday with the black patent ones, and man, they were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts