Friday, June 26, 2015

Behind the Blog Name


Just a quick post here before I get back finishing up cleaning my apartment. I thought it might be interesting to do a post about my blog name. Dorigamii.

The name is actually based on a nickname that my boyfriend calls me, which is Dori. It's based on my last name, which is quite short - Do. When we first started dating, he made up a nickname for me, Dorito. As in the chip. After a while, it morphed into Dori, and these days, he calls me that exclusively, ha.

It was him that actually came up with this nickname, which is basically a combination of that name, Dori, and the word Origami. I thought the idea was cute and would make for a good logo, so I created a few concepts, and the header was born.

I'd love to hear how you got your blog name, fellow bloggers! Let me know in the comments.
SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Haha that's really cute! My blog name was just born out of what I was using for all my social media handles at the time, I kind of wish I'd picked something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your name! It's from Harry Potter, right?

      Delete
  2. Aw, that's sweet! My English name is not easy to abbreviate, so only my Chinese-speaking family ever uses a nickname for me.

    I got my blog name from a quote by Albert Camus, who I used to like reading in high school. I still like his work, but I feel like identifying with it so much was maybe a tiny bit pretentious of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've definitely heard the quote, so I realized where your blog name was from. I always think of it as the seasons change.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig