Staying Cool

my trusty folding wayfarers - yes i have the men's because my face is big.
It's hard to be stylish when it's hot out. I've been living in twill shorts and tank tops the past couple days, just trying to stay cool. Today, my family went to Lake Geneva, which was breezy respite from the suburb that my parents live in. Tomorrow, it's back to the grind. I keep telling myself that I'll take a vacation "next week," but things keep coming up and I put it off. 

On a side note, I've been thinking about Fall clothing. I know it's early and that summer seems to only JUST be picking up around here. I keep seeing posts about "Fall Essentials," especially those in the Nordstrom's sale. I think that my closet for Fall is fully stacked, and I won't need to do much, if any, shopping. I do have a cop list for the season though, which I wrote about in a prior post. At the top of that list are CDBs, which I think I'll plan for August.

Also, I've caved. I mentioned really wanting some high waisted jeans. And what better way to try on jeans, than to raid my mother's collection of high end denim. 7's, AG, Joe's, and Paige. The results? I just can't do it. Maybe I'm just used to the feel of my Old Navy jeans. I'm a denim loyalist. Before Old Navy, it was Eddie Bauer. I really just love a more durable feel to my jeans. Old Navy jeans are the stretchiest jeans that I own, and they're still stiffer than the ones I tried on. 

With that said, I put in an order at Old Navy for two pairs. And I threw in a swing dress that I had my eye on as well, which I attribute to summer wardrobe desperation. It came down to the thought of, price aside, would I buy the ON jeans, or the AG? It really came down to the fit and the feel of the denim. I'm not going to be a denim snob, or a high end denim hater. It's just personal preference. #idontfeelbadaboutthis

Comments

Popular Posts