What I Wore #5...// Tote Shopping Update

  

It's been unseasonably warm this week. This may have been the last skirt I wear bare-legged in 2018! 

OUTFIT1_ 

OUTFIT2_ (First foray into non-skinny jeans... what do you all think?)

OUTFIT3_
H&M Mock Neck Sweater // Ines De La Fressange Uniqlo Corduroy Skirt // Rothy's 


I wrote earlier about my unsuccessful Form Bag purchase. I didn't realize how important the ability to expand and contract to the amount of things I needed to carry was to the 'perfect' bag. And despite how luxurious the Everlane leather was, I came to terms with how I would potentially use it and decided that it just wasn't practical.

Since then, I've been doing some more research on a work tote. I had looked at a few options: Kate Spade (rip), Everlane, Cuyana, and Longchamp. I also wanted a tote that was structured, but not too structured that it would be difficult to shove underneath the seat (I had this difficulty with the Lo and Sons tote - it either needed to stand up, or be zipped and laid sideways). Then it came down to materials. Nylon was lightweight and durable, but I really enjoy how leather smells and feels. The leather goods I do own are some of my favorite (Everlane Modern Loafers, my leather jacket, even my wallet!). 

I ended up choosing the Cuyana Structured Tote in a caramel brown. It had been out of stock for a while, but finally came back in today. I also added in the tote insert for some additional structure and organization. It was definitely pricy, but I had scoured the internet for something that was as lightweight/not bulky and still offered a laptop sleeve + waterbottle pocket. I hope this ends up working out! 

Comments

Popular Posts