What’s in my (Cuyana) Bag + Mini Review

So I ended up getting the Cuyana structured tote and am really pleased with how it’s been holding up so far (it’s early). It’s big and roomy, versatile for work or for the weekend. The leather is really high quality and scratch resistant. I really think this will be a bag that will age quite gracefully. I was wavering back and forth with the color though… whether I wanted black or cognac. But I’m really glad I went with the cognac! 

I wrote earlier that I also bought the tote insert from Cuyana specifically for this bag, but I ended up returning it due to the extra weight and extra structure to the bag. I really liked it for the utility, but it just didn’t work out for me. That said, I do have a few things floating around the bag, but nothing unmanageable. I recently cleaned it out and took a picture. 

  • - Laptop sleeve: NO idea where I got this, but it holds my work computer, as well as my flat things (folders, papers, etc). 

  • - Manila Folder: right now, I’m wrapping up a few analyses and have printed out the reports, meeting notes, and background to look at. Every now and then, I print everything out just to give my eyes a break from Excel. 

  • - Moleskine cahier: A little notebook I keep with me to make personal notes and to-dos. Last note was a few Christmas gift ideas as it’s soon approaching!

  • - Kindle Paperwhite: Can’t live without this. Right now, I’m reading Onward: How Starbucks Fought for its Life Without Losing Its Soul. It’s written by Howard Schultz, who was the founder of Starbucks. It’s been really good so far! 

  • - Silver Bag from Laneige which contains: Mini Bite Lipstick in Chai, Travalo with Glossier You (10% off via this link), period supplies, small mirror, blotting papers, a Tide pen, and Panier des Sens hand cream. 

  • nuun immunity tablets: These are electrolyte drink tablets/immunity boosters. I dissolve one of these in my Nalgene (500ml) and drink it before I hit the gym. Now that it’s cold, the ‘immunity’ ingredients are meant to help, but I actually have no idea if they do anything other than a placebo effect 🙂 

  • Airpods: Another thing I can’t live without. Usually am listening to a podcast during my commute and they’re great to run in as well. 

  • - Gum: standard, but I always have a pack and it is always Orbit wintermint. 

  • - AMC giftcard that I was meaning to use with N.

  • - Hairtie because I always find myself without one. 

  • - Glossier Balm Dot Com (10% off via this link- Have had this for a while and love because it has lanolin in it. 

  • Nalgene 500 ml: This is the PERFECT size water bottle in my opinion. It’s small enough to carry anywhere and not feel heavy when it’s filled. It’s large enough for my day to day, as I’m almost always near a water source if I need to refill it.

  • Tory Burch wallet & smaller card wallet: Wallet carries all my cards (picked this up at an outlet a while ago), while my card wallet  only carries my building badge for work and my transit card. 

  • - Pair of socks: I don’t know why this is here. I think I must have thrown in a pair when it was raining one morning just in case my feet got soaked.

  • Wireless mouse: Another thing I CANNOT live without at work. The one I have is Logitech, and feels great in the hand. 
  • RXBAR (grabbed a sample from an Amazon Treasure Truck) & Clifbar (always have at least 1 bar in my bag in case I get hungry)

  • - Loose receipts, coupons, an “I voted bracelet”, and a grocery list 

Comments

  1. Good to know that the Cuyana bag is turning out well! I'm a big fan of the classic leather totes, which basically seem indestructible. (Wasn't sure how the leather on the structured totes would be, but sounds like it will also age well.)

    People keep recommending Airpods, but I still haven't been able to come around to the idea of buying them. (I use cheapy wired headphones still.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical of the airpods too! I always thought and still do think that they look horrible in-ear, but I've just accepted it and embraced the utility. They are GREAT for working out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts