Everlane Stretch Denim Review

Recently, I stopped by Everlane’s pop up Denim Counter in Chicago with my sister. It was a super cute how they had redone the place, which used to be a South Central Bank. It was painted all white with the Everlane logo on the outside. When my sister and I rolled up, there was an Intelligentsia truck right outside with complimentary coffee and tea, which was a nice touch. I’ve waited a little bit before publishing this, as I wanted to see how well they hold up after washing. 


Now, on to the jeans. I picked up 2 pairs of the Ankle Jean in a high-rise, a mid-blue wash and the mid-rise pair in black.

In terms of the materials…
For Blue/Washed Black: 87% Cotton, 12% Elasterell-p, 1% Elastane
For True Black: 77% Cotton, 17% Modal, 2% Elastane, 4% Polyester
Had to do a little research here, as I had never heard of Elasterell-p. Elasterall-p is just polyester. Elastane is Spandex.
The materials ratios are pretty comparable to what I’ve seen for stretch jeans in the market (for reference, Uniqlo’s is 87% cotton, 9% polyester, 4% spandex; Paige’s is 54% rayon, 23% cotton, 22% polyester, 1% spandex). 

In terms of the stretch… they are stretchy, but not as stretchy as some of my Paige denim pairs (I have the stretchier styles in the TRANSCEND line) and not as stretchy as the Uniqlo stretch. With that said - they’re comfortable, forgiving, and the denim is roughly mid-weight and of high quality. I can only compare it to the denim I already own, which in some ways is not apples to apples. If I had to rank in terms of stretch, it would be Paige > Uniqlo > Everlane… but that is absolutely not a bad thing. It depends on your preference for stretch in denim. I see the Everlane jeans replacing/upgrading some of my Uniqlo jeans. I prefer a less stretchy, more denim feeling jean, something a little more hardy for the winter months. 

High rise in mid-blueribbed merino wool in heather grey, Rothy’s pointed flat in leopard

In terms of the fit and cut I tried on both the high rise and the mid rise at the Denim Counter. I’m 5’2 and consider myself long in the torso. I tried on the high rise and it came up to cover my belly button - really leg lengthening. The midrise just comes up to just below. The jeans are slim throughout the leg, and give my ankles just enough breathing room. The ankle cut’s inseam is perfect as well - they look like a regular length jean on me and look cute with a single cuff too (for reference, the inseams on all the ankle cuts are 26.5in). I typically wear a 25/26 in jeans. In Everlane stretch, I wear a 27. If buying sight unseen, definitely use the sizing chart on the website which is accurate to the true fit! 

When wearing them out and about, they don’t have the weird seam twisting problem that I get in the leg with Uniqlo jeans (which always causes me to adjust over and over again during the day). For the record, I don’t get this with my Paige jeans either. They hold their shape after multiple wears and make me feel slimmer when I wear them, however I do feel like they make my butt look a little flatter DUE to it being a less stretchy stretch jean. 

In terms of the price The jeans I bought were $68 a pair. To me, they seem like a great value as I’ve bought jeans at higher price points that feel on par in terms of quality. The fit is just right, the denim feels good. I’ll probably pick up another pair in the washed black at some point! 

Comments

Popular Posts