Harvest Moon: Fall Fashion Feels


Cooler temps are here. This week, I’ve started to reach back in my closet to pull all my fall/winter clothing out. I’ve also added a few things that I’ve had my eye on to update my wardrobe for this season. 

Color palette;
Camel, Moss green, dark heather grey, navy, maroon, dusty rose
Nothing ground breaking, but still excited to be wearing the colors that I love again. I’m sticking to pretty muted colors, with the exception of maroon. I am trying to stay away from wearing ALL black if I can, which I feel looks a little harsh on me. I did a little exploring around the topic of personal color. I’m apparently a ‘deep autumn.’ Very fitting!

Old Pieces I’m Excited to Wear

  • Corduroy button up skirts in navy and maroon/oxblood (similar). I hopped on this trend last year, and loved how retro they looked. I’m excited to pair these with turtlenecks, tights, and boots this fall! My skirts are from Uniqlo (Ines de la Fressange) and Gap. 

  • Everlane modern loafer - Cooler weather means I can wear these loafers a little bit more. I find that in the summer, I prefer a little more breathability in a flat. 

  • BP black almond toe boots (similar) - I wore these to death last season! They go with everything. 

  • Ted Baker leather jacket - One of my FAVORITE pieces in my closet. I feel so confident every time I put it on.

  • Uniqlo denim jacket - Another favorite, super comfortable for the weekend. Really easy to just throw on in the mornings if I’m leaning casual that day for work.

  • Uniqlo ribbed mockneck in black (aka my Steve Jobs shirt). Loved this type of top so much, I picked up a few more in the below section!

  • Not clothes, but lipstick: Bite Beauty in Chai and the Lancôme Juicy Lip Shaker in Plum Plum Girl

  • Trousers - rag&bone and uniqlo smart. My client side job is pretty casual, which means I don’t really get the chance to wear my nice pants anymore! But they’re some of the most comfortable pants in my closet, and I’ve been choosing them more and more. 
New pieces I’m excited to wear
  • Everlane bomber jacket - snagged this on CWYP on a deep discount a while back. Was able to wear it a few times on the random cold days this summer and have been loving it. It gives me the same vibes/feelings as my leather jacket whenever I wear it, but runs much cooler (temperature wise) than my leather jacket. It’s still available on Everlane as well!

  • All. The. Turtlenecks. Last year, randomly picked up a mockneck mentioned above and wore it tucked into high waisted cigarette jeans and a belt. It felt super normcore but I loved it. This year, I grabbed a few more ‘chic’ turtlenecks from uniqlo in merino wool. I’m so excited to wear them with jeans and skirts. 

  • Everlane Form Bag in cognac. It was tough to bring myself to buy this. I had to face the reasons why my previous work bag purchase had failed me (L&S Seville…definitely need to update my review on this!). This bag is on its way to me now and seems really promising! I will definitely be posting my review soon.

  • Everlane Cheeky Straight Jean in washed black. This is a little experiment with a non-skinny jean. Everything that I’ve been seeing out in the shops are wide leg, cigarette cut, etc! I love the look of them, but had trouble getting a pair to fit me right. It seems like my calves end up totally throwing off the fit, and making the jean look more like an awkward skinny. I tried this pair on at the Denim Counter and felt like this was a ‘truer’ straight cut on my body at least! I tried on a 26 and a 27. My butt got lost in a 27, and the the 26 was good. I ended up leaving them at the Denim Counter that day, but have been thinking about the new silhouettes for this season. I ended up ordering these in a 26 along with the Form Bag!

Other Miscellaneous Goals
  • My goal this season is to start steaming the wrinkles out of my clothes on a regular basis. My clothes always get so wrinkly out of the wash, and I’ve usually just let it slide because no one really cares at my workplace/I’m not in front of any clients, etc. But it really pulls an outfit together when the fabric is straight and crisp. I also find that it refreshes clothing in a way that makes me fall in love with my pieces all over again… they look so new afterward!

  • As a creature of habit, I tend to wear the same set of shoes over and over again, weeks on end! I have so many shoes - I need to wear them! Often times, I stop wearing shoes simply because I cannot see them in the shelving. 

  • WEAR MY DAMN SWEATERS & BLAZERS. I have several blazers and sweaters that I just need to start wearing more. Again, out of sheer laziness/lack of time in the morning, I usually leave the house with a top, bottoms, and doing my makeup. It takes 2 seconds to just grab a blazer and it really ~elevates~ the look.  

Comments

  1. Oh darn about the Seville not working out! Hopefully it wasn't due to quality issues with the bag or anything like that. I'm glad to see that the Ted Baker leather jacket is still getting a lot of wear, though.

    I also need to start being better about steaming my clothes. I made the mistake of buying a full-size clothes steamer, but it's just too much work to set up if I'm going to do it frequently (it only actually takes ~15 minutes max, but that's still too much). I should definitely have bought a handheld steamer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a handheld one, but have always kept it high up in my closet (out of sight, out of mind). I've started keeping it on the floor, and gotten into the habit of steaming all my clothes after laundry is done on Sundays!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts